Tuesday 4 May 2004

john titor on google

Mike Kolesnik
Member

Registered: Nov 2000
Posts: 20
Does anybody remember the Wave Rider?
The wave rider spun a similar yarn and reeled Art in, hook, line and sinker. Then Art had him on the show. He started off ok but quickly went downhill into the Wacko Zone. After he told Art that Marilyn Monore is not only alive but that she shot JFK there was a LONG silence from Art. I could hear the gears turning in Art's head as he finally realized that he had been suckered.

It was the most glorious moment of silence!

Art recovered and proceeded to blast him.

Now, Back to "John". Some items, John.

If I traveled back in time I would absolutely want to know the history of the period and location. Since you have revealed yourself you have obviously been trying to convince people of you credibility. So since you had fore knowledge of your intentions you should have been ABSOLUTELY sure of having easy-to-verify NEAR future history. Showing crappy pictures of dollar bills from the future is child's play.
Anybody with a $500 computer can do that. You sound like one of those religious cult nuts whose story keeps changing.
The "temporal divergence" you mention makes it an easy answer for every probing question. " Well, because of the temporal divergence, the whole world just changed, THAT's why none of my predictions come true.
There is a medical term for people like you.
Look it up!

1. So General Electric makes your TT machine. Well if that's the case then being masters of mass production they should have made millions of them because EVERYONE would want one.

2. If the machine does exist we should be FLOODED with TTer's right now!

3. CJD That story has been know since the late 1940's. No great news there.

4. Middle east problems? That's a no brainer.

You are spitting out the same things Ed Dames did.
None of his predictions came true either...

Yawn...




01-30-2001 07:58 PM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Kevin Spooner
Member

Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 19
Galvanisation is something occasionally found on a packet of building-grade nails (like 'galvanised flathead') But with the lack of tangible evidence I'm thinking of shifting my belief in just what (or who) should be termed galvanised?

I have not seen a constructively frameworked document outlining required ethics which any trained TT would of necessity agree to. I have not seen a TT willing to forward a single piece of physical time travel device to this particular technician since first posting anything over five years ago. I have not heard of any governing declaration of use for TT devices from the future.

I have seen 'interesting' crude pictures, photo's of items with curly cords and really pre-1990 style equipment with perchance a few common dials, needles, and circuits in probably arc-welded metal boxes. I have seen diagrams, descriptions, interpretations, crude 'make your own' manuals, and the like - and yet nothing, not one iota of anything that could without question come from some future.

I am not p***ed off - not yet. I am calm (breathe man breathe!) and wait in anticipation of some correct answers to some simple questions and for goodness sake... some undoubtable proof. Then - only then - would constructive discussion really begin.




01-31-2001 02:14 AM Profile Email Home My Posts Edit IP: Logged

John Titor
Member

Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 78
I’m not aware of any predictions I made or perhaps we do not agree on the definition. What anyone chooses to do based on something I might say will not affect me in the least. My goal is not to believed and I submit that your life would not be any better (and perhaps worse) if you did believe me. You placed “tests” before me that I must pass. Why? What do I have to gain by passing them?

The fact is there is nothing I can say or show you or let you drop hydrochloric acid on that will “make” you believe me and I really don’t want that. It would be nice to discuss your view on religion, politics, physics and the mechanical requirements of time travel but in order to engage in those types of conversations, I must apparently tell you who wins the hockey game next week. I’m just guessing that if were to write out the ten lines for Fermat’s final proof you wouldn’t be very impressed either.

(1) Industrialized mass production does not produce the uncountable tonnage of useless consumer items so gleefully absorbed by your society. I would estimate there are about 10 units like mine (C204) and twenty larger units (C206). The main difference is the sensitivity and number of the main Cesium clocks. I would estimate that some sort of public time travel will be common around 2045.

(2) I’m not aware of any other time traveler’s “here” now. But if they are here, I’m sure they’re pouring over sports history books so they can go back in time another week and start a friendly conversation on the web.

(3) The “Mad Cow” story here is yet to begin but don’t worry, the fruited jellitine deserts are safe.

(4) I’m glad to see it’s so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a “no arrmer” and a “no legger”.

Ethics is an excellent topic of discussion and I hope we can move past a collective insistence of applying everything to this frame of reference.


John Titor
Member

Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 78
The distortion unit reaches its target destination by using very sensitive gravity sensors and atomic clocks. The basic unit of calculation is the second. So yes, in a sense you do “dial in” in a date and the computer system controls the distortion field. At maximum power, the unit I have is capable of traveling about 10 years an hour.

Unfortunately, time travel is not an exact science. There is inherent error and chaos in the computers ability to make accurate calculations. Based on the current technology of the clocks and sensors, distortion units are only accurate to about 60 years or so. So no, in 2036, we are unable to travel back 1000 years due to the error rate in the system. The divergence between the worldline of origin and the target worldline would be too great. If one were to try and travel back that far, history would look nothing like what you would expect.

The unit has mass limits but the 204 is capable of transporting about three people and equipment. I don’t think you would like 2036 very much.

No comments: