Wednesday 29 September 2004

Waking Life

excellent site from a fan of the movie
This site is dedicated to one of the most thought-provoking films I have ever seen: an independent film written and directed by Richard Linklater called Waking Life. This film had a great impact on my life, and I honestly believe that it has the potential to greatly affect the open-minded viewer. Not only is it a revolutionary work of art visually, but the ideas expressed within it, along with the amazing soundtrack, elevate this film to a completely new level. What I've done here is presented the various philosophical discussions and characters that were in the film, and also put in some of my own thoughts and commentaries. However, simply presenting the dialogue cannot give you the full effect that actually seeing the film will give you. The visuals and audio, as well as the way the words are presented, are intrinsically tied together.

No comments: