Saturday 22 October 2005

Constantine 2 Could Be On the Way - MoviesOnline

I was really disappointed when I found out the details about the Hellblazer movie - I'd been readin the comics since issue 17. But as much as I was uncertain, I came out of the second viewing of Constantine convinced it was one of the most important movies of the year.. there's an absolution of Corporate America that's cut-off before it's complete - essentially an exorcism of the demonic aspects of corporate america, woven into the movie. applied Z. Effect + religious overtones. Intentional or not, that scene changed things culturally. It sinks into the brain of the religious and takes hold, exposing corporate culture as an unrepentant demonic construct.

I think that scene alone was more than worth the price of admission. & Keanu Reeves? In retrospect I thought he was excellent in the role, & I can't wait for A Scanner Darkly.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, the producer of "Constantine", recently spoke with SciFi Wire about a possible sequel...

"We'd love to see a new Constantine," he said. "We had a good time making that movie. I'd love to do it again. It's just not in the works right now. ... He's such a great character I'd love to do it again."

Well if it's not in the works, I wouldn't count on seeing it anytime soon... but if the producer was happy with the box office returns, that probably means down the road we'll be hearing more about "Constantine 2".

No comments: