Thursday 27 October 2005

Generation Hex

I'll be honest, before I read this, I didn't know what I thought of it... Now, I'm about 2/3rds through this book.

This is the most important book on the occult I've read since Prime Chaos by Phil Hine. The essay Spooky Tricks alone is worth the price of admission. Rachel Haywire's Eris Is My Biatch is fucking amazing. Stephen Grasso's piece on personal evolution is strong, and James Curcio's piece is an unexpectedly straight-forward pragmatic approach to a field only dimly apprehendable in Joseph Campbell's body of work.

It is likely that I may have manifested some negative misgivings about this book prior to it's publication, & if that's the case, I formally retract anything that can be construed as negative. This book is profound, and I'll present a full review once finished.

There is an incredible lack of direct and accessible texts in this area on the bookshelves. It's almost unsettling to come across a book this goddamned good in the occult section, amidst the rabble and dreck released alongside. If you can only afford one book on the occult this year, BUY THIS ONE & Change your life.

No comments: