Most of this is experimentation, both with the infictive current and the application of new media tools. What appears broken is often there by design, and everything is perpetually accreted while also being adapted forward to new design.. a perpetual problematic addendum, if you will.
As such much is left for the reader to discover, while these are merely dangling threads (flypaper, even) left to draw spiders.
At the same time I've stumbled across a number of useful tricks and tools, while also noticing a couple traps in the trade to avoid along the way, so I babble about that frequently now more than ever.
1. You should have at least two, preferably three twitter accounts you can sign into and back out of before bothering with http://cotweet.com
2. You should have a couple hundred followers before toying with http://dossy.org/twitter/karma/
3. You should have an installed wordpress blog on your own server before using http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/fresh-from-friendfeed-and-twitter/
4. You should utilize and donate time and money to http://twitter.pbworks.com/ on a regular and frequent basis... and lastly, perhaps most important of all:
5. You should tie all your twitter account rss feeds through http://feedburner.google.com and rely on Twitter to become a part of your larger web presence cloud.
the twerperati can follow me as I tinker with cotweet.com for a while by keeping an eye on @wesunruh - @zenwerewolf - @sloppyunruh - @philipknixon (also, james, joe and I all push content through @alterati on a regular basis, you might add that to your lists of follows).